How do I register my child for school?
- If you are new to the school please visit AUSD’s Enrollment page.
- If you are a returning student here is a FAQ for the annual AUSD Registration process that occurs in the late summer.
Is there a meet-up during the summer?
- There are regularly two Popsicle Playdates for incoming kindergarteners. Please attend an Information Night or Kindergarten Tour in January to get on the email list to find out about these events.
- Occasionally there are parent-planned meet ups for other grades. These are promoted on our Facebook page: Bay Farm School – PTSA
How do I find out my child’s teacher & classroom?
- Class assignments usually come out the Thursday before school starts. You can pick up your own child’s assignment at Classroom Assignment Night or wait until Friday to look online via the Aeries Parent Portal.
- Here is a map of the classroom numbers:
Where do I find the school supplies list?
You can find it on the Bay Fam School website or on the PTSA Staff Wish Lists & School Supplies page
What should I expect on the first day and first week of school?
- Fun! Learning! Excitement! Nerves! Fatigue!
- The 1st-8thgraders will be on a modified schedule for the first week, with pickups at 1:50PM (1:10PM on Wednesday).
- Kindergarteners will get out at 11:40 for the first 3 weeks of school.
What is the etiquette for dropping off and picking up students at school?
- Bay Farm students are strongly encouraged to get to school in a green manner. Walking, biking, and scooting are all great options. Once on campus bikes, scooters, skates are not allowed to be used. Please walk these items on campus.
- The white/yellow zones in the loop in front of the school are drop and go only. Please only use it with kids who can let themselves out of or into the car quickly and independently. As a courtesy please pull forward as far as you can along the white curbs. There is no parking or idling in the loop in front of the school. Leaving vehicles unattended in the loop is strictly prohibited!
- Limited parking is available on Aughinbaugh directly in front of the staff parking lot. If you end up parking in a local neighborhood please be respectful and don’t block driveways, fire hydrants or crosswalks. Also, please pull up so as to accommodate as many cars as possible.
- Do not park in the staff parking lot (exception: disabled adults or students with visible placards or license plates).
- Respect the crossing guards and the School Safety Team. Please stop when the STOP sign is raised.
What do I need to do to volunteer?
- Each volunteer needs to fill out the Volunteer Agreement Form from AUSD and have a current TB test.
- If you plan to volunteer groups of children while unsupervised you will also need to be fingerprinted at a Live Scan location (form provided by office).
- If you plan on driving children in your car you will also need to provide to your teacher proof of sufficient insurance.
What are options for before and after school care?
There are many different options available. On site there is Alameda Island Kids (run by Girls Inc.) and at Tillman Park is the popular RAP program (Alameda Rec & Parks). Visit the AUSD page on After School Care and Activities for even more choices.
When are the school holidays and minimum days?
- For information on district wide holidays and minimum days visit the AUSD Calendar.
- For Bay Farm specific holidays and minimum days, as well as the current bell schedule, check out the Bay Farm School Site Calendar.
How does my child buy a hot lunch at school?
For menus and payment information for the visit the AUSD School Lunch Program page.
How can I buy cool Bay Farm spirit wear?
Visit our online Spirit Store by All Good Living to see what is currently available.
What should I do if my child is being bullied?
Please review the AUSD Anti-Bias and Anti-Bullying Resources page for information on addressing incidents of bullying on campus.
What will happen if there is an emergency while my child is at school?
Please review the Bay Farm Site Emergency Plan in case of an emergency. Also, always make sure your child’s emergency information is up to date in the Aeries Parent Portal
What is this U.S. Dept of Education Green Ribbon School about?