Let your Light Shine! Lantern Contest
This year, Halloween will be a bit…different but the Bay Farm Community will keep it shiny!
Congratulations Lantern Creators!
We love what you made.
What can you do with your lantern?
Creating innovative lanterns can be fun for everyone and we’d like to see what you invent. Once you have a lantern, you should…
- enter your lantern in the Bay Farm Lantern Contest (Check out the winners!)
- put your lantern outside your house so that the whole community can see that you are Letting your Light Shine!
- share a picture or video of your lantern on our Kudoboard photo album!
- All creations are welcome!
- We’ll leave the Kudoboard open through Nov. 8th; so post your creations then come back and check out what others have done!
- You don’t have to enter your lantern in the contest to upload your photo to our Kudoboard and, if you make more than one lantern, you can upload all your lantern designs.
What areas were awards given?
Entries were grouped by grade-level (K – 2nd; 3rd – 5th; & 6th – 8th).
- Artistic Aesthetics – this award recognizes the artistic creativity of the lantern maker.
- Ingenuitive Illumination – this award recognizes that lanterns can be lit-up in many, many different ways.
- Creative Construction – this award recognizes that lanterns can be constructed out of all types of materials and in all shapes and sizes!